Skip to main content

Food Service

Food Service

Free Meals for All for the 2024-2025 School Year!

Community Eligibility Provision

Community Eligibility Provision

We are pleased to inform you that the Lindenhurst School District has implemented the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and Breakfast Programs.

What does this mean for you and your child(ren)?

Regardless of income level, all enrolled students in our school district are eligible to receive a healthy school breakfast and lunch at no charge each day. No further action is required of you. Your child(ren) can participate in these meal programs without paying a fee or submitting a meal application.

The CEP is a new alternative to the traditional meal application process associated with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. CEP alleviates the burden on families by eliminating household applications while helping schools reduce costs associated with collecting and processing those applications.

Frequently Asked Questions: 

Is it really for all students regardless of income level?

Yes. All students, regardless of income level, can receive one free breakfast and one free lunch daily. Students can also purchase additional a la carte items.

Do I need to fill out a free and reduced meal application?

No. The free and reduced meal applications are replaced with the household income form to determine additional state and federal programs that your child(ren) may qualify for. These forms are vitally important to continue the district's eligibility under the CEP moving forward and everyone is encouraged to complete them.

Can I buy additional meals/items?

Yes. The first breakfast and first lunch are free each day for all students. Any additional items purchased a la carte would need to be paid for by the student, no meals or a la carte items may be charged.

How do I pay for additional meals/items?

Parents/guardians may prepay any amount, any time, by sending a check or money order (made payable to the Lindenhurst Union Free School District) or cash with your child to be given to the cashier or by making payments online:


For more information about CEP:

*Please be advised that MySchoolBucks (not the Lindenhurst School District) charges a $2.75 fee for each online deposit regardless of the deposit amount.

If you have questions regarding the food services program or funding your student(s) account, please contact:
Nick Colasurdo - 631-867-3725
Food Service Director, Lindenhurst School District

For all other inquiries, please contact:
William Ludeker - 631-867-3026
Business Manager, Lindenhurst School District


Non-Discrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Important Links